bamboo e-quine stable planks
The ecological stabling alternative
Bamboo stable planks are an ecological alternative to wood. MOSO® Bamboo E-quine is heavy (up to 1150kg/m3) and very solid and therefore perfect for demanding applications such as horse stables.
Very dense, hard and stable
The solid, High Density® bamboo boards are made from compressed bamboo fibers. This compression process makes the stable planks very dense, hard and stable. MOSO® Bamboo E-quine is available in different versions: closed with a ventilation hole, square, with a round head, etc. In addition to the standard planks, other dimensions are available on request.
Bamboo Stable Planks datasheet
MOSO® offers 2 different types of horse stable planks
• Bamboo E-quine Chocolate is suitable for outdoor use thanks to the unique Thermo-Density® production process. The bamboo fibers are compressed and heat treated. These boards have a dark chocolate color.
• Bamboo E-quine Caramel is suitable for covered / indoor stables. This material is not suitable for full outdoor use, because the bamboo is not treated following the Thermo-Density® process. These boards have a warm brown color.
main reasons for choosing MOSO® Bamboo
• MOSO® Bamboo E-quine has many ecological advantages: the bamboo stem is harvested after 5 years (there is no clearcutting like with hardwood, the plant grows after the harvest) and is proven CO2 neutral.
• MOSO® Bamboo E-quine is made of compressed bamboo fibers, instead of solid wooden planks. As a result the material is much more stable and stronger than wood.
• From experience we know that horses are less likely to display cribbing (crib biting) behaviour with stalls constructed from MOSO® Bamboo E-quine material.
MOSO has commissioned Delft University of Technology to execute an official LCA...;
Contribution LEED & BREEAM
Additional credits for the leading green building certification programs...
Fire safety - Class B-s1-d0 (EN 13501-1)
The fire safety of products can be classified ranging from...
Durability - Class 1
Bamboo outdoor material with durability class 1 (EN350) tested following CEN/TS 15083-1...
Indoor emissions - E1
For a healthy indoor climate it is important that products used indoors have very low emissions...
FSC®-certified (on request)
FSC® is globally recognized as the best and most stringent sustainable forestry certification...